Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day...

We went to the beach last weekend with Alicia and Matt. I was so busy with work and packing and other household stuff that I didn't have a chance to think about the date but I knew I wasn't going to miss it!

Last Sunday, we all woke up around the same time (we were all staying in the same room at the beach,) I ran over to our bags, pulled Keith's Father's Day gift and cards from my clever hiding spot, turned around with a HUGE smile on my face and wished him a Happy Father's Day. I was so darn proud of myself. Not only had I worked crazy hours the week before, packed for all of us, and trained our new neighborhood pet sitter but I remembered the Father's Day gifts and cards too!

Keith looked at me with a scowl on his face and said "You're kidding me, right?"
My smile quickly vanished.
I was a whole week early.
Seriously.


Happy Father's Day, hon. For real.
You are truly the best.

No comments: