Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Houston, We Have a Problem...

I put Connor down early for his nap today. I knew he was tired because he was just plain grumpy. I laid him down in his crib and went downstairs to work. Not 10 minutes later I heard him chatting to himself and playing around. Thinking that he would eventually lay down and go to sleep, I continued working. Next thing I know, I hear his closet being opened and shut. Ummmm, ok...he would have to be OUT of the crib for that to be happening! Ok, so CLEARLY he's out of his crib. I continue working, hoping to get to a point where I can take a quick break to check on him. Next thing I know, he's OPENING his bedroom door! WHAT!!! And there he is at the top of the stairs saying "Hi Tayza, Hi Andrew!" (He couldn't see me at the time.) He was so darn proud of himself, you could just hear it in his voice as he came down the stairs saying hi to Tayza and Andrew.

So, I think we officially have to get him into the toddler bed now. But how do we keep him in his room now that he can open his door? This opens up a whole new dimension to containment. Out comes the baby gate again! Then again, this will only contain him in his room for the time being, what about all the other doors in the house?

Mommy is scared...Mommy is very,very scared.

2 comments:

catrin117 said...

Turn the knobs around silly goose! Love your favorite sister!

KristenBisten said...

LOL! What a bugger! Can't wait to see them again.