Sunday, January 4, 2009

Eagles Win and Lots of Other News...

Off to New York we go...will they blow it again this year? Maybe the curse is over? We'll see.
Here are the pictures of Nanny and Connor I promised. They had so much fun together! Tonight while I was uploading some pictures, Connor was sitting on my lap and when Nanny's
picture came up he *gasped* and pointed! SO sweet!










We celebrated our New Years (a.k.a. Keith's birthday) by going to a Japanese restaurant in Fuquay. Connor was so good I thought martians had taken over. We've had a rough couple of weeks but more on that later...I was especially brave and ordered the duck. I had duck years ago and really liked it. I remember it being very, very tender. The duck they served me the other night was nothing like I remembered. I ordered it fried, mainly because the waitress helped me lean towards that choice. I ended up switching with Keith, who wasn't so fond of his dinner either. He ended up loving the duck so it all worked well. We went back to the house and had cake, spice cake with cream cheese icing to be exact.

The night before Nanny left, Connor was having a hard time going to sleep. He had been up the past two nights whining and crying so we knew it might be another rough night. He eventually fell asleep though and this was how Keith found him when he went to check on him...

It was so stinkin' cute! He loves that darn chair but to fall asleep on it like that was just hilarious. Keith ended up moving him back to his bed where he slept all night. We've come to the conclusion that his two year molars are coming in. He's been pointing to his teeth, chewing on things, whining for no apparent reason and just plain miserable so after doing some research, the molars are what we're attributing it to! From what I gather, these are doozies so I feel for the little guy!

Connor started soccer this past Saturday. He got his little uniform (#2) and was ready to play some soccer! Technically, they're not playing soccer. They play games that encourage them to follow directions and to just have fun. Most of the little ones were picking up the balls and throwing them instead of kicking them.


At one point, everyone was sitting in a circle playing a game and Connor broke away from the crowd. He went up to a ball, kicked it into the net, turned around to look at us and started clapping and saying "Yayyyyy, Yayyyyyy!!!" We were laughing so hard. Keith was following him and I was on the sidelines. Keith said to me, "He doesn't want to play these games, he wants to play soccer!" So cute....we're looking forward to Saturday mornings now!















And last but not least, we have some jealousy issues in the house. Connor has finally started to realize that Andrew takes some of Mommy and Daddy's time away from him! Couple this with his molars coming in and we have T-R-O-U-B-L-E. First we tried a lot of extra love and attention for Connor, then we tried time outs, then we tried telling him in a stern voice, No, and then explaining why he shouldn't do it in a sweeter voice (this apparently teaches him empathy), however, he continues to try to hurt Andrew, particularly headbutting him. We've been using a combination of all three of the above and as long as we're consistent, I'm sure this will pass. However, I really, really hope this is a short phase because my patience has been seriously tested to the hilt these past few weeks. Though now that I realize that his molars are coming in and that is adding to his miserableness, it does make it a little easier to remember that when we're having a particularly bad day. In the meantime, I'll be visiting the library for a few child rearing books to help get us through the next few weeks...and years...The below picture is of Connor learning how to be gentle with Andrew (while we hold our breaths in the background, hoping he doesn't sneak a headbutt in on him. I think Andrew is holding his breath too...) The last picture is of Connor being so very proud of himself for being sweet with Andrew. He's clapping his hands and doing his famous, "Yayyyyyy, Yayyyyy." It always gives us a chuckle.




As for Andrew, he is ALSO teething! I'm pretty sure one of those suckers will be popping out of his gums fairly soon. He still smiles and giggles a lot and loves watching everyone around him but he also has not been himself lately.
So, yeah, it's been pretty fun around here lately:)
This too shall pass...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who on earth taught him to headbutt! I can't wait for him to start sticking his tongue out at you, when he doesn't like something you say!