Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Kitchen Floor...

The other day I was making dinner. Andrew was sleeping and Connor was playing in the kitchen. After a few minutes, he looked up at me and put his hands up for me to pick him up. I had just made myself a cup of tea and was waiting for the water in the pot to boil for the pasta. I looked down at him, grabbed my cup of tea and sat down on the kitchen floor. I figured I would sit with my tea and we could play together. He stood there, looked at me, then ran away, into the other room. He then ran back in with his sippy cup and sat down next to me. I sipped my tea, he sipped his sippy cup.

Sitting on the kitchen floor with him I realized a few things:
1. I can't see the dirty dishes sitting in the sink from here
2. My floor is actually cleaner than I think
3. Connor doesn't care about either of these things

I need to do this more often...

No comments: