Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Preschool News...

It's a success. Connor went yesterday to his first day of 'school.' I tried to get a picture of him with his new backpack but the darn thing is bigger than him and I think he's a bit intimidated by it. The night before, Keith got all of his things together and labeled them. Keith mentioned how weird it was and that things will never be the same again, etc. I was working and probably half listening and nodding my head because it didn't really hit me until yesterday when I dropped him off. This IS weird and things never WILL be the same again, I thought. So yeah, I know, it's not like he's going off to college across the country or anything but jeeez, this IS a big step for all of us, I mean Connor, or well, shall we say ummm, me? Anyway...

I walked him into his room, plopped him over the baby gate and he never looked back. I talked with his teacher (who I really like!) for a few minutes, took one last look at him and then I was out the door. He never looked back, never cried, never anything. Fantastic! I hope it continues. He's probably so used to the gym daycare that he just thought I would be gone for an hour or so.

When I went to pick him up, he was waiting at the gate for me and when he saw me he had a HUGE smile on his face and wanted me to pick him up. His teacher said he was wonderful, that he had a great day and that he fit right in with the rest of the class. He even made 2 little friends, Max and Alex. She also mentioned that his gross motor skills are excellent. I think she also mentioned the word 'advanced' a few times too. She couldn't believe how well he ran around, went down the slide and got into his chair. I can't WAIT to see what she says about his climbing abilities...ha ha.

We're looking into a different preschool for September because I've heard some great things about it and it's a bit closer. But we'll see, if he thrives here then he stays here.

So far, so good...

No comments: