Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year...

Happy 2009! It's been a busy week. We started organizing, donating, and throwing things away last weekend. We are slowly changing the dining room into a playroom. We just don't use the dining room often enough and it was starting to become our 'crap' room, meaning that's where all of our 'crap' went that didn't have a 'place' anywhere else. I'll post a picture when it's all done but it probably won't be for a few months. I've also been doing some research on organization tools and ways to make our life and house clutter free. It's a slow process but we'll get there.
I think the warmer weather has been helping us with all of the organizing also. It was 76 degrees one day last week! We had the windows open, the birds were singing and it just felt like spring. Spring weather always puts me in the mood to clean.

Nanny is here visiting us this week! It's been so great having her around to help with the boys. I have some great pictures of her and Connor playing in the backyard yesterday. I'll post them over the weekend (once I find the card reader that Connor was playing with!) I also need to do a December slide show which will hopefully be out soon too.

I was thinking about New Years resolutions recently and realized that I haven't made a resolution in a long time. After thinking about it, I realized that the reason New Years resolutions usually don't work is because it's so daunting thinking of it as a whole year's resolution. Ultimately the resolution is so overwhelming that it usually leads to not completing what you started. I like the idea of daily resolutions. I find I'm more apt to follow through on something when I know I can complete it that day. And if for some reason, I don't, I know I can start all over the next day and I'm not as discouraged...just my two cents.

So 2008 has come and gone. Hopefully 2009 brings us all great health, wealth and happiness.

Happy New Year!

No comments: